040 - 4006 8383 / 4006 8384
Minister Road, Next to KIMS Hospital,
Secunderabad, View Map / Location
Inpatient Psychiatric Services
Chetana Hospital develops individualised programmes for all inpatients. The therapy Programs are managed by an experienced team of allied health professionals including, Psychologists, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Nurses, Art Therapist (Music Therapy) and Yoga therapist. We feel just medication is not the solution and hence address all concerns from a 360 degree perspective.
- Single Rooms − We have 9 ensuite rooms with AC and TV
- Super Deluxe Room - One
- Male General Ward
- Female General Ward
- Deaddiction Unit for Males and Females
- Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
- ECT Recovery Room
- Seminar and Conference Halls
- Yoga and Music Therapy facility
- Indoor games options
The therapy programmes focus on
- The individual patients are encouraged to participate in the therapy programmes only on their suitability and as decided by the consultant. The following programmes are offered depending upon the availability and suitability at the discretion of treating consultant.
- Psychotherapy or Counselling is offered to individual patients to enhance their understanding of illness, improve compliance with treatment programmes and return to improved social and occupational functioning.
- YOGA and Pranayama are offered by an instructor from the therapy team, who can help patients take advantage of the benefits of yoga. A daily Relaxation session is offered most days and introduces the patients to a range of techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation, passive muscle relaxation, simple breathing techniques (pranayama)and visualization, to help lower stress and anxiety (stress management) allowing the patients to regulate strong overwhelming emotions. This program emphasises the role of relaxation in reducing stress related illness.
- The Craft Groups which run most afternoons are of real value: promotes a greater sense of positive self-worth, allows for sharing of skills between members and provides a quiet low stimulus, productive environment which greatly assists in reducing stress and anxiety levels. Here even the care givers are encouraged to participate as a method of recouping their energy and zest.
- Music Therapy: A Music Therapist is engaged 6 evenings a week to encourage the patients to actively participate and uncover their musical talents and voice. This music program is fun, entertaining and reconnects patients with the positive influence that music can have on their mood and well-being.
- Family Education ( Care Givers) : Separate classes for family members are arranged to increase their awareness of the illness and how to manage the patient and their behavioural issues, understand course of the illness, etc. Family members are also encouraged to discuss their feelings and get Psychological support.